Key Lime Frozen Bites
- ¾ Cup key lime juice
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz whipped topping defrosted 1 tub of Cool Whip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ stick butter unsalted melted
- 1 sleeve honey graham crackers turned into crumbs about 1 1/2 cups crumbs
- Crush Graham crackers in a food processor and mix with the melted butter.
- Cream the softened cream cheese until smooth in a mixer. Slowly add the sweetened condensed milk and mix until smooth. Next is the key lime juice mix until smooth and combined.
- Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.
- Use non-stick muffin trays. Add 1 to 2 tbsp of the graham cracker crumbs to the bottom of each of the sections until the bottom is about ¼” covered. Spoon the key lime filling on top of the graham cracker crust. Into the freezer it goes overnight. Serve with lime zest on top.
Key Lime Frozen Bites are a cool summer treat for these hot days of summer. I made a double batch of these frozen treats. One batch went to my mom for her birthday party. The other batch went to my friends for a drive in movie night at our house. We’re in the midst of the pandemic so these treats work great because I was able to individually wrap them in some cute take out boxes and each couple had their own box.
You can also substitute the cream cheese and whipped topping to help cut unwanted calories for a healthier version. The best part of this recipe there is no turning the oven on! The key lime flavor is powerful and zesty.