Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
Toffee Graham Cracker Crust
- 3 tbsp Sweet Butter
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Sleeve Graham Crackers Mine had 5 in it
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 6 oz Light Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 cup Heath Toffee Bits
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 6 oz Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 pkg Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line your baking sheet with cupcake liners*. It will make 12 regular size cupcakes or opt for the smaller bites and make 24. The nutrition below is based off 12 cupcakes.
- Melt 3 tbsp of butter on the stove top and add the 1 tbsp of brown sugar and dissolve into the butter. Set aside.
- Grab your food processor and blend the graham crackers until the crumbs are fine. Pour in the butter and sugar mixture into the food processor and pulse until combined.
- Divide the graham cracker crust with roughly one tbsp into the bottom of your cupcake pan for the 12 cupcakes. Gently press with the bottom of your tbsp until it flattens like a crust.
- Bake for 7 minutes and set aside to cool
- Add heavy cream to your mixer with the whisk attachment and beat until soft peaks are formed. Set aside.
- Next in a separate bowl mix the peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in confectioners sugar, toffee bits, vanilla and salt.
- With a spatula gently fold the whipped cream into your peanut butter mixture slowly until completely blended.
- Fill the graham cracker cupcake sections evenly with the peanut butter mixture to the top.
- Freeze for at least one hour
- Chop up your favorite dark chocolate. Set aside.
- Add the heavy cream to a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil or just right before it starts boiling and remove from heat.
- Throw the chopped chocolate into the saucepan and grab your favorite wooden spoon and stir away until it forms a delicious chocolate sauce. **
- Spoon the ganache over the frozen peanut butter covering the top. Back to the freezer for a 30 minutes or until the chocolate hardens
- Melt peanut butter in saucepan* and grab a spoon and drizzle over the top for pretty swirls.
- Chop up the peanut butter cups and sprinkle on top. Back to the freezer for 4 hours or so. THEN ENJOY!
This summer, I’m all about the bites and cupcakes. Watching our calories makes me very conscious of every little thing I put in my mouth. Being on Noom for over a month has taught me that I can eat what I want but not always as much as I’m accustomed to and also that if I overindulge in one meal I’ll be paying for it later. I’m learning much better habits and not thinking this food is evil and this food is good. Cupcakes and Bites can take an overly decadent dessert and make it the correct serving size for me. So when I say cupcakes I mean the regular size cupcake. We’re talking normally 400 calories which is usually one meal for me. If I say bites I use a smaller size cupcake pan that has 24 servings so basically cutting down that cupcake another 50% which is 200 calories which I usually have leftover on an active day. So for birthdays and a treat day I can have something super decadent.
Which brings me to my grandfather’s 86th birthday! Check it out doesn’t he look great for 86. I can promise you my grandpa never said no to a dessert and definitely never to anything chocolate or peanut butter. So my mom got lunch and I said I would come up with something for dessert. This dessert bite will have your guests actually moaning and licking their fingers. All TRUE statements!