Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- 4 bacon
- 1-½ cup Broccoli
- 1-½ cup Cauliflower
- ½ cup red onion
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- ¾ cup Sunflower Seeds
- ¾ cup Light Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Red Raspberry Vinegar
- 2 Borsari Savory Seasoning Few Shakes
- Cook Bacon. I prefer the microwave to cook bacon. My microwave is known as the baconmaker. I really never use it but to make bacon. In the picture I used turkey bacon. Use your favorite. Once cooked to your liking crumble bacon.
- While the bacon is nuking, start chopping. Cut up the cauliflower and broccoli keeping the tops and making them bite sized pieces. Chop up the red onion. Throw everything in a bowl and stir away. Easy Peasy
During the summer months when the humidity starts creeping up and begins to be oppressive we struggle to find food that is cold to eat. There is that rumor out there that if you eat hot soup on an equally hot day that it will regulate your body temperature. This may very well be true but when you are in the midst of misery soup does not sound great nor do you want to go in the kitchen and prepare it. Enter the fresh broccoli and cauliflower salad. Made ahead as a side or even as a main course it can sit in the fridge just waiting for the oppressive heat to descend. Coupled with the fact that this is not labor intensive to prepare it is the perfect dish for the summer months.