During the late summer when there is an abundance of fresh vegetables and herbs in the garden it is not hard to find uses for them. This recipe for linguine with clams uses fresh tomatoes and basil to heighten the flavor of the clams. If anyone knows anything about me it is one thing: I am a clam-a-holic. When the warm months start creeping in so does my hunger for clams in every way imaginable. We always have some canned chopped clams in the pantry just in case we need to whip up a linguine in clam sauce or this recipe which tastes like heaven with all the fresh ingredients. My rule is if it’s fresh in the garden at the same time it will be delicious together. If you like shallots more than garlic that would be a great swap. If you have an over abundance of zucchini, chop it up as an addition or replace the clams with it if you’re not as much as a clam lover as me. Either way this recipe will not disappoint.
Linguini with Fresh Tomatoes and Clams
- 12 OZ Black Pepper Linguini Noodles
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbls Borsari Cracked Pepper Seasoning
- 2 Cups Tomatoes We used Heirloom and a mix of Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Shots Dry Vermouth I hate white wine but love martinis so I always have vermouth
- 1-1/2 lb Clams Fresh or Canned Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Grated
- Start your pasta in a stock pot according to the package.
- While your noodles boil, get working on the sauce. Heat the Olive Oil, Garlic and Cracked Pepper & Salt over a large skillet over medium Heat. Chop up your tomatoes while it heats. Add your chopped tomatoes once you small the garlic in the pan. Add all the juice from the tomatoes in there too. Pour in the Vermouth and Clams now. Stir occasionally. Add the Chopped Fresh Basil right at the end so it gets steamed a bit.
- Drain your pasta and place back into the stock pot. Pour 1/2 of the sauce into the stock pot on low heat and let it soak into the noodles. Scoop the noodles out and pour the sauce upon your noodles with some Parmesan Cheese and another dash of your cracked pepper per your taste.