Since the 16th century in England when the bride and groom would give their wedding guests love knots constructed from ribbon and lace the tradition of wedding favors has lasted. Over the years it became a tradition to give favors to guests to bestow a little of the luck of the wedding itself to the guests. Recently wedding favors have gone from simple love knots and candied almonds to intricate and interesting foods and handmade gifts that reflect the ideals and the tastes of the bride and groom. A few of the following favor ideas have recently become widely used. Some may fit your wedding or inspire you to create your own version of the perfect wedding favor for your special day.
- Signature Sodas – depending on your wedding theme and flavor palette you can create your own soda flavors to give to your guests. Think Georgia peach fizz, Raspberry mint, or a lemon drop inspired soda.
- Regional Treats – wherever you live there are always specific regional treats that you can give as a favor. Whether your guests are local or from out of town each favor will let them take away a little taste of your home town.
- Hot Cocoas – a good hot cocoa is always comforting on a cold day. Creating a signature flavor and having all the ingredients wrapped in a cone can be just right to give to your guests. Including marshmallows and maybe a white chocolate straw can add that extra touch.
- Tea and Honey – individually wrapping different teas and adding some flavored honey sticks is always a way to make that cold day better.
- Baked Goods in a Mason Jar – everyone likes cookies, brownies and cakes. You can create a favor out of a few of your favorite recipes and have all the dried ingredients mixed in a mason jar. Including the recipe and maybe a picture of the finished product could be just right for your guests to take away. When your guests are ready they can pull out the jar, add the wet ingredients, and have a treat that will remind them of your wedding.
- Personalized Candles – personalized candles can allow your friends and family to remember your wedding whenever they light them. You can create your own scent or even personalize a candle that smells like the flowers in your wedding bouquet or seasonal aromas like pumpkin spice for fall weddings or lavender for a summer wedding.
- Potted Flowers, Plants and Bulbs – Giving a potted plant, flower or bulb allows your guests to plant their favor and watch it grow from year to year. We still have wedding guests letting us know that our Tulip bulb favors that they planted are still coming up every year. Since we were married almost eight years ago this shows the impact that the perfect wedding favor can have on your guests and their memories of your special day.