I’m sharing a tradition. We hope it’s your new tradition too. I pop this in right before we start carving our pumpkins. Once we’re done we enjoy this recipe. This recipe is years in the works. It’s super gooey the first day. Next day it firms up. After carving we’re used to pumpkin guts so a little extra pumpkin goo never hurt us. We hope you enjoy this tasty recipe and make it your own.
Pumpkin Vodka Lasagna
- 1-1/2 tbls olive oil
- 1 medium Onion Chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup Red Dry Wine
- 46 oz Vodka Sauce (2 jars of Wegmans Vodka Sauce)
- 1 tbls Basil if you have fresh spices feel free to use per taste
- 1 tbls Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- Salt and Pepper per taste
- 1 16oz Lasagna Noodles
- 1 Large Egg
- 15 oz can Pumpkin
- 2-1/2 cup Ricotta
- 2 cups Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Romano Shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grab your 13 x 9 and set that bad boy aside. Get a stock pot full of salted water to boil and through the lasagna noodles in. Let it cook while you get your meat sauce a jumping. Cook until noodles are soft. Toss some olive oil on them.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic. Add ground beef and cook until brown. While cooking break apart meat. Pour in the wine, tomato sauce and herbs and reduce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine Ricotta and Half of the Mozzarella, Parmesan Romano Together. Once combined and the egg and pumpkin till thoroughly mixed.
- Time to BUILD YOUR CREATION!!! Start with a layer of your vodka wine meat sauce. Then top with a layer of noodles. Next spread third of your cheese pumpkin filling. Then smack some meat sauce. Repeat. I got four layers. You may only get three. Depending on how thick you make your layers. Last layer stop with noodles, sauce and the rest of the mozzarella you set aside. Bake, uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes. It's done when it's bubbly delicious. Dig in and dip some sweet garlic bread into that wine vodka sauce!!!!