Bruce refers my new strawberry rhubarb sauce as “The Nectar of the Gods.” Out of five stars he gives it an 11. We highly recommend it over vanilla ice cream. The good vanilla ice cream where you see the vanilla beans. Pure cream and vanilla is what’s needed when you have The Nectar of the Gods.
Nectar of the Gods
- 1 pint Strawberries Hulled and Sliced
- 1 cup Rhubarb Sliced
- 3 tbls Butter Sliced
- 1/4 cup Honey Feel free to add more if you're a sweet tooth hound
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- In a small saucepan, throw your cut up strawberry and rhubarb and butter over medium heat. Get your big wooden spoon out and give it a whirl.Off and on for the next five to ten minutes keep stirring. You don't want it to burn on the bottom of the pan. It will be ready for the next step when the rhubarb is soft and the strawberries are cooked through
- Pour in that honey... bzzzzzzz and stir away. Once combined. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the hot mixture over your ice cream because why wait! Taste it and Enjoy. Store the rest in the fridge for the rest of the family. This won't last long in the fridge but you really don't have to worry once the family figures out you have The Nectar of the Gods stored in the fridge it will soon disappear.