Linguini with Fresh Tomatoes and Clams Recipe is one of the easiest dinners you’ll ever make. It will feel like you slaved over the meal. The tomatoes and herbs are abundant in the garden. Cherry Tomatoes are popping up everywhere. Try combining tomatoes with either fresh clams or if you’re in a pinch clams in a can. I always have some in my pantry because I’m a clam-aholic. If I had it my way clams would make their way to our menu at least once a month. Feel free to make this dish your own. My rule if it’s fresh in the garden at the same time it will be delicious together. If you like shallots more than garlic that would be a great swap. If you have an over abundance of zucchini chop it up as an addition or replace it with the clams if you’re not as much as a clam lover as me.
Linguini with Fresh Tomatoes and Clams
- 12 OZ Linguini Pepper Noodles if you choose
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbls Cracked Pepper & Salt Borsari is our favorite
- 2 Cups Tomatoes We used Heirloom and a mix of Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Shots Dry Vermouth I hate white wine but love martinis so I always have vermouth
- 1-1/2 lb Clams Fresh or Canned Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Grated
- Start your pasta in a stock pot according to the package.
- While your noodles boil, get working on the sauce. Heat the Olive Oil, Garlic and Cracked Pepper & Salt over a large skillet over medium Heat. Chop up your tomatoes while it heats. Add your chopped tomatoes once you small the garlic in the pan. Add all the juice from the tomatoes in there too. Pour in the Vermouth and Clams now. Stir occasionally. Add the Chopped Fresh Basil right at the end so it gets steamed a bit.
- Drain your pasta and place back into the stock pot. Pour 1/2 of the sauce into the stock pot on low heat and let it soak into the noodles. Scoop the noodles out and pour the sauce upon your noodles with some Parmesan Cheese and another dash of your cracked pepper per your taste.