Cream of Mushroom
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 lbs bella mushrooms cleaned and chopped Feel free to use whatever mushroom you like or a combination
- 3/4 cup shallots minced
- 3 cloves garlics minced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetarian stock
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Borsari Original Seasoning Shake per taste
- In a 2-3 qt dutch oven or Stock Pot, sauté Mushroom, Shallots and Garlic in Olive Oil and Butter until Mushrooms brown and moisture released.
- Add Chicken and Vegetarian Stock and let simmer.
- Add Half and Half and Heavy Cream and stir until incorporated.
- Use immersion blender until creamy. Serve with a dash of Borsari Original Seasoning on top.
One of the classic Christmas Recipes originates from my Grandma Coffin. Broccoli Casserole, one of my favorites transports me back to her kitchen at Christmas. I can imagine all the dishes presented on her kitchen island that was an antique butcher block. The kitchen all a buzz and her checking the oven to make sure everything was perfect. My cousins and I anxiously awaiting dinner to be complete so we could rush in and open our presents. Presents could only be open after dinner which as a young child seemed to feel like an eternity.
Her recipe calls for a can of Cream of Mushroom Soup. Canned Soup just didn’t seem right this Christmas. Ahead of our preparation I went to the pantry and whipped up this recipe for Cream of Mushroom. If you haven’t made your own cream of mushroom do yourself a favor and try it when you have time. The richness of flavor comes out of the shallots, mushrooms and garlic. Soon we plan to whip this up just for dinner and enjoy a nice Caesar or Wedge Salad on the side.