Bruce and I are on the voyage of dropping carbs and sugar from our diet. Joy! Joy! Fun! Fun! As we age those extra bites of sugary goodness just sticks to you like glue. I’ve almost hit 20 pounds down Bruce is close behind. Right now a bite of an Apple sends my taste buds into a sweet coma shock. More vegetarian dishes are in store for us and more lean meats like smoked fish. This recipe is one of our richer breakfasts. I’m not worried though because the three hours I spent weeding the yoga garden from 7-10am required me to fill up my energy reservoir. Hope you enjoy!
Cheddar Shroom Egg Bake
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Shallot (One Shallot) Chopped
- 12 oz Baby Bellas Cleaned and Chopped
- 1 Green Pepper Chopped
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Half and Half
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Borsari Original (Salt/Pepper/Garlic if you don't have it)
- 12 oz Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Preheat oven to 350. Pull out your favorite pie pan and spray generously with Nonstick Spray. Set Aside.
- Melt butter in a Saute' pan over medium heat. Once melted put in your mushrooms, onions and green peppers until softened and shallots are translucent. Around 5-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, Whisk Eggs, Half and Half and Almond Milk. (You can just use milk. I'm just trying to slowly embrace almond milk. A dash of half and half makes me feel better with the world). Stir in your cheese. And Toss in your Sautéed items. Stir about until all is coated and mixed evenly. Then pour into your prepared pan. I added some sprigs of fresh parsley on top to make it look pretty.
- Into the oven it goes. I put a cookie sheet underneath just to make sure nothing bubbled over. Who wants to clean an oven after breakfast. Cook for one hour. Check it. If it's still wobbly in the center I let it go for another 10 minutes. I am not a fan of any runny eggs ever.
- Serve Warm and if you have leftovers enjoy them tomorrow although it won't be as super yummy as it was right out of the oven it will do!