Have you tried the Cherry Plum? A cross between a cherry and plum. I couldn’t resist trying them this summer. You can use this recipe with a nectarine, plum, cherry or apricot.
This is the best picture I could get before they were gobbled up!
Bacon Cherry Plum Sage Wrap
- 4 Cherry Plums
- 8 Pieces Bacon cut in half
- 12 Sage Leaves
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350Cut cherry plum into quarters. Cut the bacon in half.
- Place a piece of sage on the quartered cherry plum. Grab the bacon and wrap your piece. Place the Cherry Plum on your bacon sheet with the seem of the bacon down so it cooks in place.
- Place in oven for 8 minutes. Flip and cook bottom side. Once the bacon is browned on the second side about six minutes. Take out of the oven and brush with maple syrup and place back in the oven until your maple syrup warms.
- Remove from oven and serve with a toothpick and a generous glass of wine!